Sunday 23 August 2015

back to school Q&A♡




I asked you on Instagram for any questions for my back to school Q&A as part of my upcoming back to school series! Here are my answers to your questions!  


@theperksofbeingcarla♡
What's your favourite subject?

My favourite subjects are English, History and RE.


@whatcharlottedid_♡
Tips on how to keep anxiety/panic at bay in school? 
How to deal with meeting new people?
Are you looking forward to going back to school?

So firstly, anxiety. In earlier years in school I really struggled to deal with anxiety in school but I have since learnt how to deal with it better and have several tips! If you are feeling anxious during a lesson you can ask to leave if you need a breather. You do have a right to ask. If you don't want to say to a teacher specifically why you need to leave, you could ask to go to the toilet etc. I also try and distract myself with small tasks and to keep busy so my mind is not constantly on my anxiety. Your friends are also your support system, so if you can confide in your friends and tell them you are feeling anxious they can comfort you or distract you from your anxiety.  On a practical note, you can take some Bach Rescue Pastilles which are anxiety tablets which are designed to reduce your anxiety and make you calmer. 

Meeting new people can be quite a daunting thing and especially when you take your GCSE's and are put into a class with people that you aren't familiar with. My tip is to try and make conversation. Talk about the work or say hello. It's always going to be a bit scary because they are new but we all start as strangers and they are probably feeling a bit nervous too! 

Umm..well. It's my final year so it's quite daunting going back but I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things! 


@the_life_of_chloe♡
What do you enjoy most about school?

I really enjoy the lessons and the social element of school! 


@thriftyvintagefashion♡
Revision tips?

I could quite literally write up a whole long post about this because I actually enjoy revision. So to keep it brief because I may go more in depth in an upcoming post! Utilise your revision text books, make mind maps, flip cards, use fun colours and always keep hydrated when revising! 


@chloepaigeeblog♡
What's on your stationary list?

I am excited to look around Paper Chase because they always have really cute stationary! There's nothing in particular I desperately want though!


@josiemai_♡
What are you most looking forward to about going back to school?

I know this is further in the year but I am looking forward to prom and finally finishing exams and subjects that I don't particularly enjoy! 


@ediewhitehead♡
What's the one beauty product that's always in your school bag?

My Collection Lasting Perfection concealer! I always take it around with me because it's the best concealer for spots! 


@amy.louu♡
What is your technique/schedule that helps you keep up with your homework?
What's your favourite hairstyle to wear to school that keeps your hair out of your face?

When I get a piece of homework I try and complete it as soon as I get it so then by the weekend I don't have a mountain of homework that needs completion. I also write down in my planner or calendar when it needs to be in by. Also writing to-do lists really keeps me motivated and helps me stay on track. As well as homework, also try and fit in chill time or time for social activities because it breaks up the work! 

I tend to do the half up half down style to keep my hair out of my face because nothing is worse then having hair in your face when you are trying to work! 


@xits_mollyx♡
How do you stay motivated throughout the year?

I am normally quite good at motivating myself because I like being organised and in general I do enjoy school despite the stresses! If I have had a few hard exams or tests I will treat myself at the end, so if there is a blusher I really want for example, I will allow myself to buy it or I will have a Netflix afternoon or something! As well as that, school years are what you make of it and even though they feel long when your in them, the years go quickly so you may as well enjoy it!


@monochromedaisies♡
How to get school work done after school without procrastination?

This is such a good question! After hours of school work I am desperate to have a scroll through social media and catch up on some YouTube videos. Okay, so if you have some things to do write a to-do list and set yourself time limits on your mobile devices or on the TV. Allow yourself at least a 20-30 minute free time to get a snack and relax and then attempt to stay focus on school work. Take 5 minute phone breaks every 40-45 minutes to keep you going! Or what I do, put my phone in a drawer and don't get it out until I've finished all my school work! 



I hope you enjoyed this little Q&A if you have any other questions I will answer them down below!

Emily x





14 comments:

  1. That little image is adorable! Gosh I really need to learn from you about being motivated but loving revision?!? How do you even do it aha?! You can do mine for me if you wish!! Your advice for not procrastinating was actually so helpful though! Since it's my gcse year too I really need to buckle down and work! Gotta love a good Paperchase browse ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha! Thank you so much Rebekka! xx

      Delete
  2. Great post Emily! Thank you for answering my questions, it's really helped!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a really helpful post, I wish I shared your love of revision though!

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good post Emily! The procrastination thing is literally me, but that needs to stop since I'm starting my A levels now! Great post x

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Becca good luck with your A Levels! xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely post Emily also thankyou for answering my question Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for answering my question! I kind of enjoyed revision when I was in year 11, we actually have very similar revision styles. flip cards, colour and repetition, I found were the best ways. Its also nice to hear you enjoy RE, not many people do but I think its a really eye opening and interesting subject x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww so similar! xx I completely agree with you on RE!

      Delete
  7. Lovely post Emily, and thank you for answering my question :) I'm absolutely dreading school, so a positive take on a back to school post always helps!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for answering my question, I'll definitely look into making to do lists once I'm back at school!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete